My incredible journey continues
I wanted to try plaster dipped flowers for my self. My original goal of upcyclying continues with this project.
I had miscellaneous artificial flowers left over from previous wreath making (or given to me). These are great for something different for multimedia or just an unusual flower in a vase.
I also tried a couple pinecones.
I had a portion of a bag of plaster powder from another project.
Old whisk & old container or ice cream bucket
Newspaper & wax paper
I like using disposable gloves. (You will see why if you try this)
Here’s what I learned.
It is messy
Have extra water because it is quick set
Wax paper is essential
Have your uncrowded work service prepared because you have to work quickly. A space for them to dry over night is important.
Mix like you were making thin pancakes. Water & plaster.
A little goes a long way. Dip flowers & lay on wax paper to dry.
When I finished I thought what a train wreck of a disaster. However the next morning looking at my flowers and my work area cleaned. I thought. I would like to do this again. The real pinecone move with moisture and when drying. If you try pinecone don’t have expectations but plan to dip a second time. The artificial flowers were actually worth the effort. I also recommend mixing small amounts because a small amount goes a long way in this project. Spray painting was easy.